The amount of waste our households produce can be alarming, especially, in this day and age of having any and everything available at our fingertips. With on-the-go schedules, it can be hard to find the time to thoughtfully manage what comes in and out of our homes and ensure that we're doing our part to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Today we're sharing 10 ways to easily reduce waste without a hassle! Let's jump right in!
1. STASHER BAGS - The kitchen generates an enormous amount of household waste. From plastic bags to seran wrap to foil, it's a high traffic area that can use a little help! Stasher bags are a fantastic alternative to plastic bags making it easy to wipe clean and reuse!
Another fun alternative for kids' lunches - paper bags perfect for you to leave a message!
2. RECYCLE BINS - An easy way to separate waste! Depending on your cities recycling regulations, these are perfect for easily preparing your trash each week! Check with your local regulations - some cities provide the bins for you! Set these in your garage and you're good to go!
3. COMPOSTING - Create a space in your backyard to compost! We love these fun containers to capture kitchen food waste!
4. GLASS & METAL STRAWS - Oh the plastic straws! If you're like us, you keep meaning to purchase an alternative but you never can remember to do so! This is your sign!
(Love the cute bamboo lids that come with these!)
5. TOOTHBRUSH - A toothbrush...how much harm can it cause? Did you know that our toothbrushes, the ones that sit on our counter and we use daily, have been found in the ocean? What if we chose an easy alternative that could break down overtime and reduce pollution? Sounds great to us!
6. FLOSS - Yep, we even have an alternative for floss!
7. FABRIC SOFTENERS - Instead of purchasing fabric softener in a plastic bottle, try these!
8. SAVE WATER - Do you ever feel a tinge when you go to heat up the shower and watch gallons of water drain away? This tip is for you! Place a buck in your shower and use the water for your plants, lawn, etc.
9. GROCERY BAGS - Cute alternatives to plastic that will make you want to reach for them time and time again!
10. KITCHEN TOWELS - Ditch the paper towels!
(inspo photos from Pinterest)